You are responsible at all times for using http://thesoftwarecommons.org in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others. Once you have created an account, you are allowed to post materials and participate in other social networking features available on this site. All members are encouraged to help moderate content and click on "report abuse" links to report any material deemed offensive or inappropriate. If your posted material is reported as abusive, it will be immediately withdrawn and subsequently reviewed by a site administrator. If the material is judged to be appropriate, it will be restored. Otherwise, it will be removed from the site, and depending on the inappropriate nature of the content, your account may be terminated.
All users must recognize that system resources on http://thesoftwarecommons.org are limited. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. By using http://thesoftwarecommons.org, you agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You may request an increase in system quotas, and you may use points to pay for premium services, but you may not circumvent the policies put in place to manage resources.
Creating multiple accounts or otherwise gaming the system in order to earn extra points, to increase your disk quota, or to gain an unfair share of other system resources is strictly prohibited and may lead to termination of your account.
By using http://thesoftwarecommons.org, you agree that:
- You will not use http://thesoftwarecommons.org to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct what would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- You will not violate any applicable law;
- You will not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- You will not use http://thesoftwarecommons.org to impersonate other parties or entities;
- You will not use http://thesoftwarecommons.org to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of http://thesoftwarecommons.org or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses http://thesoftwarecommons.org;
- You will not post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another;
- You will not redistribute resource materials posted on http://thesoftwarecommons.org or create derivative works unless it is allowed by the license terms posted for a resource;
- You will not alter, damage, or delete any content posted on http://thesoftwarecommons.org;
- You will not claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- You will not post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- You will not use email addresses obtained or accessed through http://thesoftwarecommons.org to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients without a valid purpose specifically related to the research and education mission of the http://thesoftwarecommons.org;